My Family

My Family
Ry-11 Caden -5 Bean-Belly

Saturday, September 10, 2011

911 We Will Never Forget

Ten years ago I was pregnant with Rylan. It was the hardest year of my life. I was strained from stress of pregnancy and uncertainty of my future.  I woke up at 911 with a phone call from my dad telling me to pack up all my stuff to stay with him and his then girlfriend Valerie, in Apple Valley. Because America was being attacked. This was 9-11-01. I remember standing in my room and watching the news and feeling panicked, and scared, grateful and blessed all at the same time.  I felt for the families and victims from the three attacks. I felt blessed to have Rylan with me.  I stayed in town and went to Pappy's for work. We watched the news all day.  Now ten years later I am watching the show in remembrance of that day.  I get to educate Rylan about the tragedy.  I get to teach my kids that kindness and goodwill to others is the lesson of the tragedy.  People exhibited kindness to others despite their race or creed. First responders were compelled to assist and help, to risk and some give their lives.  I will never forget this day...ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment